Atelier 85 came into being on 3 April 1967 on the initiative of Mutualité Chrétienne de Walcourt (Walcourt Christian Mutuality). The newly-created ASBL was chaired by Mr Jules Maroit d’Oret.
- 2006 : Two other buildings have been added on Rue de Mettet. Most of the areas of activity and the offices are set up there.
Since its creation, Atelier 85 has had the mission of finding disabled workers a useful and remunerated job within a continuous vocational training framework.
In this way, the economic activity is but a means to achieve a social objective.
With the aim of compensating for the loss of performance caused by the worker’s disability, subsidies are awarded by the A.W.I.P.H.
Four consultants currently look out for the workers’ wellbeing and safety.
Atelier 85 has grown continuously since its creation and now employs close to 200 people thanks to re-investment in its means of productions.
Back of the building
They can be divided into 4 major areas of activity:
- Packaging products: : Processing of cardboard for industry and different forms of packaging
- Horticulture : The planting and maintenance of parks and gardens – building fences
- Laundry : Industrial laundry, dry-cleaning and ironing Service Vouchers
- Ironwork : Industrial subcontracting and creations